View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 03:01 PM

4.8isX5 is on a distinguished road
Arrow FS: SOLD 06 4.8is Lemans Blue/ Imola Red Interior

Hi All!
Up for sale is my 2006 BMW X5 4.8is. Asking Price is $10,750 (read full listing at bottom) Exterior is Lemans Blue metallic, interior Imola red with sport seats. Clean PA title in hand (read full disclosure below). Mileage is currently at 173,226, may go up slightly if I drive it.

If interested please read all lists and documents in link, i detailed in there mods, vehicle options, maint records,etc.

What is included in sale with full asking price:
2006 4.8is (vehicle)
Dinan Strutbar, Dinan CAI
Extra 06 4.8is engine (fully working & functioning, will need a reseal obviously) with 124k miles
Extra 06 4.8is 6hp26 Transmission (no mechatronic as it is currently in the car, but trans fully working w 124k mls)
Full extra Sport Crème interior & Door cards (original from car, solid 8.5/10 condition)
OEM Roof rails (deleted currently)
Extra 2006 4.8is fully working Panoramic Roof
Rolling Cargo floor & all misc pieces (oe equipment, removed for less weight)
OE Airbox (currently Dinan CAI inside)
OEM Engine covers (off, because if a coil-pack goes on the road its much easier to swap)
OEM BMW rubber floor mats (mint condition)
OEM BMW cargo floor mat
H&R Front and rear spacers… 25MM F/30MM REAR
Mint OEM style 87 wheels

Full disclosure:
I acquired this car back in Dec 2016, from a previous client that I reprogrammed his air suspension for. He reached out to me to see if I was interested after his wife had hopped a curb with the right side wheels and it set off the passenger side curtain and door air bags. Ins came and obviously at that age considered it “total loss”. The only damage that occurred was pass side curtain, front pass door, rear pass door airbag deployment, 2 popped passenger tires on the OE style 168’s (all on documented photos). My previous Titan Silver 06 4.8is got totaled on the highway at 70MPH from a head on deer collision Oct 31st 2016, I had already started selling some parts but still retained most of the vehicle (mint condition @ 124k mls). I was not planning on getting another 4.8is as I was about to close a deal on a 2010 535xi. I decided to go ahead and purchase it with 138k miles on the clock and restore it. The car still holds a clean PA title as over the 10 year rule titles are not branded anymore (should not have been branded anyhow due to the minimal damage that occurred). Once in my possession the work started. I cleaned up the whole car, swapped out the torn headliner from my old 4.8is, air bags, and it has all been coded to the vehicle.

All the work took me about 2 weeks working on it after hours. Since it was sitting for 2-3 weeks in the winter at PO house, alt bracket was leaking bad. Got sent off to the shop to have the work completed and oil changed. Then got registered in January 2017. Back then I used to drive this car a lot, as you can see on the Carfax, I put over 40K miles on this in my ownership and the past 2 years it has not been daily driven, usually a few times per week, or at minimum once every week or two ( it sits in a climate controlled garage at my house, not outdoors ) & gets cleaned regularly. In the time of my ownership I also owned a Euro repair shop for 2 years, and it has had a bunch of work completed (found in drive link below). Very solid car, with plenty if not too much service history ( I believe in PM versus fixing when it’s broken ). Down this road I refinished oem style 87 wheels on it, spacers, muffler delete exhaust from my old 4.8is, spacers, roof rack delete, etc. Car also has factory tow hitch setup and brake controller+wiring. I use the hitch 3-4 times a year to run to Lowes and throw some mulch bags on my 5x8 utility trailer ( I do not like dirty things inside my interiors ). I can type on and on however if your interested please just look through all the documents and photos. I’m most likely still missing things in those lists in terms of maintenance that was done or minor things like air filter swaps etc. Red interior was swapped in around Nov 2017, along with dinan strut bar, and 4.6is projector fog lights. Dinan CAI was added in around Feb 2019.

Car runs and drives great, at this time I would not hesitate to hop it in it and drive it to FL from PA. Car is in need of a custom alignment at the height it sits (recently installed Thayer Camber arms), if you chose to have it reprogrammed back to stock height (I can do this upon agreement & deposit and remove camber arms + get alignment). It has the usual minor seeps in the engine bay, nothing crazy- there is a plethora of service history attached for the car as well. It does have a coolant seep when sitting ( I drive it every 1-2 weeks), looks like its coming from the valley pan, although its been doing this for 5+ months, zero other leaks and no temp issues, I add a little coolant maybe once every 2 months. Car sits in the garage everyday since I purchased it, PO also had it garage kept, unsure about previous 2. I did not drive it in the winter/rain much the past 2 years either. Upon driving it the other day and doing some harder braking from triple digits, it is in need of front rotors/pads as well. Pads front and rear are 70%+. I also have some carbon fiber vinyl wrapped pieces in the interior, the shifter and center console are unfinished. I can remove this, IMO it needs to be completed as the wood does not look right with the red interior.

There is plenty I’m most likely forgetting in here still, any questions feel free to comment or reach out. As for pricing, negotiations and offers.. I’m including a lot for the asking price and think it is super fair. Please do not be under the guise if I remove all of that you can get this car for 5-8K, I wont do it. At that point I may as well keep it as they are getting rarer by the day. There is some room for negotiations for parts I can remove and sell on my own or not include in the sale if you don’t want them. Way too much work, time, money put into this and I want it to go to a good home. I know my asking price is not crazy, because I would supremely hate to dismantle a perfect running car, but I can fetch 12K+ for this with the red interior, dinan items, 4.8is specific items etc. I parted out my previous totaled silver one with none of these extras and came in over 10… still having engine, pano roof, bits and pieces and trans + whatever made it over to this ride.

I am open to all reasonable offers and am a reasonable guy, however consider all of the above and do not send messages with 7k (not being an ass, just real about what I will take), if not then I will continue to have it in the garage. My main reason for selling is to move on to other projects/cars, I’ve had a 4.8is in my stable since 2012, and between both of them have put over 150k miles on the 4.8is platform.. do not regret 1 of those miles. Right now I have my 2011 X5 35i with a few mods and more coming, plus thinking of looking at some AMG’s or X3M (I like it a lot, performance, size wise similar to the E53, and finally looks awesome for an X3).

In this drive link you will find- Pictures of the car (including any close-ups of damage, has a few minor dings and bumper scrape, nothing major), Carfax, maintenance lists/documents (under my ownership is the spreadsheet, I have a good amount of receipts but not all), pictures of the car when I got it and airbags deployed.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Dc?usp=sharing

Last edited by 4.8isX5; 02-16-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Sponsored Links