View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 03:59 PM

Maruzo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcredliner View Post
Seat belts are a good example of a single message. I understand your point.
Taking it a step further, In Texas the single message is "click it or ticket". The effort had to ultimately include a traffic violation for not wearing one. It was for those that needed to be protected from themselves. I see no indication we are a country that will broadly adopt a single message on their own. And COVID 19 is not something that only puts the nonconformist at risk.

You can't fix stupid but stupid understands if they don't conform it will hurt their pocketbook or freedom. If we want to push it past the entanglement of politics at least make the first violation a warning, the second $250 fine and the third $1000 and/or 10 days in jail. Even then it is with a very questionable assumption that law enforcement will take time away from other duties to ticket anyone, if that is enough or the punishment is reasonable for the crime.

Seems like not wearing a mask is endangering the public. Depending on the circumstances of public intoxication there can be an add on of endangering the public. Public intoxication is a minimum of 72 hours in jail plus a fine. Endangering the public is a felony. The penalty is up to a $10,000 fine and 10 years in jail. Not saying the punishment for not wearing a mask should be the same it's only for perspective. But if one is not wearing a mask they could be tested and quarantined until the results come back. If they test positive there could be a significant fine and time in jail.
The logic makes sense. And you've lay out the right precedent for implementing this policy. Great job BC!

This is the right time to enforce the mask and social distance requirements. I would say we're pretty late in this game, but the strategy will work if it's done right and everybody follows it right away.

We've shown that the guidelines can be effective. California was on a downward slope in the low 1,000s daily positive cases before the ease of restriction were to take place.

Then we went the wrong way and we're now seeing 4,000 and more each day.

Sponsored Links