View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 10:47 PM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcredliner View Post
But he hasn't closed any of the primary infection spots like bars. More people wearing masks should slow the rate of increases but I think we are a long way from any downturn and certainly not to level the CDC recommends to even start an opening plan.

Fight or die in Texas has nothing to do with defeating the virus. It means fight anyone that sounds like they might be telling me what to do or wants any level of gun control. I will be surprised if I don't see many more confederate flags flying behind lifted diesel pickup trucks with huge tires, gun racks, a don't tread on me, out of my cold dead hands and Trump bumper stickers, almost always speeding, tailgating, smoking like a tire fire and pedal to the metal from each traffic light. In Texas, when you buy a pickup truck one of the dealer installed accessories is a Redneck kit with the lift kit, tires and all the stickers already applied. They won't be wearing masks and neither will their friends or family.
The second paragraph is quite a bit of stereotyping. I have seen a LARGE reduction in Confederate flags. Like I can not remember the last time I saw one on a truck/vehicle. Trump stickers sure, but I also see Bernie and Biden stickers. People have the right to support their candidate of choice.

But I'm more concerned with the first part of the quote. Dallas hasn't closed bars?! San Antonio/Bexar County re-closed them very quickly. Bars and restaurants were the only part of the reopening I ever really had a problem with. And not requiring masks while in businesses. But here we have that as well. Is Dallas just that much more right wing?

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links