View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 06:35 AM

EODguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwynn View Post
Can't imagine how your coolant hose popped off. Speaking of which: removing my fan last Sunday and when the wrench hit the upper radiator hose, it pulled the pipe right off the thermostat!

Learn from me: don't rely on the upper hose to catch the wrench. I've done this method to remove the fan a dozen times or more and no problem until Sunday.

Second hit on the wrench I know something wasn't right when I hear a waterfall of coolant at my feet.

The best part: caught on video because I was taking video to show xo how to remove the fan. I'll have to redo there video showing the improved method with something to catch the wrench.

On the video I noticed that the hose was compressed from vacuum do very likely that is why it broke. Under vacuum the hose became stiffer and pulled harder on the thermostat.

Karma came full circle though when I found a 1.1 CT VS1, EF color diamond in a parking lot. Retail price on that stone is worth more than my X5.

What? I be the only person who likes to have their X stretch it's legs[emoji1787] but seriously I really recommend people double check the clips on their hoses as doing it by feel doesn't always work [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course

Sponsored Links