View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 01:19 PM

richardb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
Don't know your age or driving record, but in my experience once you hit 25 and are married, financed or not full coverage cost differences are negligible on most vehicles. Hah, funny (or sad) story, my 2001 Mustang GT used to cost $524/mo to insure. I was literally working to pay my insurance and rent. Ah, to be young. Once I turned 25 (got married and bought a house later that year) my insurance dropped to $150/mo. No policy changes were made and the vehicle was still financed.

The real influence (after 25yo w/ clean driving record) is the market value (and repair costs) of the vehicle being insured. Which is why an "agreed value" policy or clause is important for older vehicles that have either collectible value, or maintenance/modification value above and beyond the value of your average hooptie the insurance companies are used to insuring.
Yep I am over 25 and married with clean driving record. The difference I'm referring to is say $50 a month for liability/fire/theft vs. full coverage which would be around $150 a month. Wow that is crazy expensive for a mustang! Yes, to be young again.. they pay way too much in coverages but then again are most at risk. Once you own a house, get married and have a baby the driving style turns to old-man really quickly lol.

Sponsored Links