View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 10:34 AM

Budget M3 is on a distinguished road
Ambitious price? Perhaps, but other than auction sites, no one has offered OP an alternative so here goes...

For your ambitious price to find the right buyer, the truck should be perfect and have no needs—I.e. Replace the cracked trim pieces, do the paint correction, and refinish the wheels. There is not much you can do about the drivers seat wear, so don’t dwell on it. Same with the spots in the nav screen. Just let it speak for itself or consider replacing the head unit with a Dynavin or Eonon unit for a few $$$.

You don't mention anything about winter driving, but for NE car, that will be a consideration for someone looking for perfection. Did the X5 originate in a western or southern state? If so, highlight that. If not, then you need to talk about “limited winter duty” or other language that tells buyers it has not spent a lot of time slogging through salt-laden roads. (Unless of course it has spent some time in salt and has the underside to prove it, then knock at least $4-5k off your “perfection“ asking price.)

You might have to spend a couple thousand to make it perfect, but that is your best chance to get full asking price. For an enthusiast who is not afraid to do this work him/herself, their DIY labor is what will attract them to this X5. Assuming no underside rust issues, I would think that $15k would be an attractive price for the truck as-is.

My $.02....Good Luck!

85 M635, 89 Z1, 90 Z1, 91 850, 02 4.6is, 03 M3 Cabrio, 17 30-Jahre M3

Last edited by Budget M3; 08-27-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Sponsored Links