View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 12:35 PM
Premier Member

bcredliner is on a distinguished road
I agree the pandemic has been one of the catalysts. The pandemic guidelines got many folks fired up about infringing on their freedom and being quarantined or out of work caused widespread anger and frustration.

As we all know racial injustice has been present since are beginnings. There has been an ebb and flow of the magnitude, visibility and intensity but it was much broader and worse than today. I think black lives matter demonstrations and police brutality against black Americans poked the racial injustice bear this time.

I think the worldwide reach of social media, cell phone cameras and videos are an important catalyst. Racial issues, demonstrations, looting, police violence etc. are in our faces like never before. The magnitude of the problems are more visible. It wasn't long ago that our source for information was limited to TV news, newspapers and magazines.

I think another important catalyst is our President. In many ways he sets the tone of what issues he thinks should be focused on and what behavior is appropriate by how he addresses those issues. He has exasperated divisiveness and made it in vogue to address these issues with more aggressive language and actions.

Back to the pandemic. We can control the pandemic. Wear a mask, social distance, avoid crowds and wash your hands even if it is not mandated. It's not for you but for others.

Last edited by bcredliner; 09-15-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Sponsored Links