View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 01:48 AM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
^I agree with most of that. To get real information it is now the responsibility of the user to fact check and source multiple news outlets. Which takes time and is not always easy. Especially given the quality of our public education system these days. People can be led to believe almost anything.

Another problem is, most people can't even be bothered to do a quick google search to verify anything. So many are getting their news from social media platforms these days. I think a paraphrasing can be applied. "A fool and his vote are soon parted." And the two political parties (and corporate supporters) are well aware of it.

All that said, I don't want to silence anyone. I want to hear who the stupid people are. And the louder they are, the easier they are for me to avoid. For example, do I think Trump's Twitter account should be banned? Hell yeah! But only if you ban every politically oriented account and make it a policy across platform to not allow political ads or accounts. Otherwise you are a biased news source. Which is what we are ending up with on the social media platforms. Selective silencing.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links