View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 02:10 PM

SpookX5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplecty View Post
Those 87s look great! I am a fan of original silver for wheels but to each their own! Be careful the tstat doesnt allow coolant to run into the DME and cause corrosion on the pins which is a known common problem if this is neglected for too long. It's worth checking the DME is nice and clean at this point too! Go for an 88c tstat which will run the engine cooler and no longer uses the mapped tstat connection. You will get a 140 MAP Cooling error but no check engine light!
Thanks! I like original too but I might like anthracite better in combination with the blue. I have read about the coolant getting to the DME, must check this because I found a picture on my phone with the same error code from January 2020!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
$500 Euros for the Style 87's is a great price. They are harder and harder to find over here. I personally like silver on the blue but that is all personal preference. Style 87's are my favorite wheel for the X5.
It's my favorite too! The two pictures wheels are in OK condition but the other 2 need some work. Paint/powdercoat chipping of because curb rash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutezero273c View Post
^^Agreed.
I do like the silver but I think the anthracite looks great with that blue.
I was given a front style 87 in perfect condition. Now I just need one more front and 2 rear. Maybe I can be lucky enough to find someone selling a set of 3 after they ruined a front one hitting a pot hole...
I think the same on the color! Good luck with your search

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopecasa View Post
Looks good!
What spacers please?
25mm rear, 20mm front. Still have some space left. 30mm rear and 25mm front would fit too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Just noticed the xoutpost stickers on the rear quarters.
Got to rep the forum

Sponsored Links