View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 12:46 AM

ard is on a distinguished road
Tough one.

So how far is 'CDA' from Lansing? If its Coeur d'alene, then a weekend with dad aint happening.....

I have a D- no E pump-... but my recollection is the going rate is around $1400. I bet you could get it for that from the BMW dealer (!) just by calling and asking.

One cooment. You are specing "OEM" parts. If I was a shop Id say "yup OEM" and install non-BMW parts. Id use parts made by the OEM that made the original parts for BMW. Pierburg or Behr or whatever. Parts that are probably 1/2 the OE price. (That part in the OEM Pierburg is $279. The OEM BorgWarner 'stat is $62)

Google maps>>>BMW shops>>>Yelp>>>call. Find someone that is willing to be fair. Try not to be a dick (it'll be hard). IMO the opening gambit needs to be "Dad that would save my daugheter with a weekend repair, but its just too far- hoping to find a fair shop that can help me out." Refer to the parts with the OEM manufactruers names, allow that youve priced it at just under 400. Straight Book time looks to be roughly 4.5 hours. (we are guessing here...) See what they are willing to do. And if they blow you up on the hourly guestimate, adjust it the next time you try.

I tried to find some shops there, using the bimmershops look up, nothing really. (Ford would be easy, eh?)

Finally looking here and at Bimmerfest for anyone posting "lansing" and "shop" might find you a person or shop that youcould PM

Good luck!

Sponsored Links