View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 10:19 PM

Aludski is on a distinguished road
Which p/n injector is right on my N55??

I’m getting ready to replace the injectors on my 2012 X5 N55, hoping to resolve a fuel dilution issue. Unfortunately I’m having trouble figuring out the right part number injectors to use. I’ve pulled the part number off the current injectors, but there’s a service bulletin that says to use a different part.

Service bulletin SI B13 03 15 says that there are errors with the injector part numbers in the electronic catalog, so the proper injectors need to be determined by other methods. The March 2017 version of the bulletin says to read the number off the injectors, or if injectors have been changed and the wrong ones used, open up a PuMA case to get the proper part number. Then an April 2017 version of the bulletin says to use ISTA to determine if the injectors are EU5 or EU6 versions, and if they’re EU5, choose the injector part number based on the HPFP model (Continental or Bosch). I can’t run the ISTA test, but the current injectors are a EU5 part number, so I’m assuming that EU5 is correct. However the current injector part number is the one for use with the Bosch fuel pump, but the engine has a Continental HPFP.

So do I stick with the current injector part number, or move to the one the bulletin recommends for use with the Continental pump? Normally I’d just stick with what’s in there, but could the fuel dilution issue be relate to the wrong injectors being used?

Any insights on which one to use or how to get an answer from BMW on the right part?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SI B13 03 15.pdf (229.2 KB, 145 views)

Sponsored Links