Thread: Battery Drain?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 07:17 PM

oldskewel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplecty View Post
The fan I am referring to is the one internal to the IHKA and not the blower motor. This goes out as soon as the x5 goes to sleep...
EDIT - all the following still applies, but I now re-read your post and wonder if you are not talking about that mysterious little dot at all, but are referring to "This goes out" as the fan behind that going off. ???

So that little white dot at the right end of the lowest line there ... that's a light?

Having a direct sleep indicator would be nice so I went out just now to check on my 2001 3.0i, hoping I also had this. I do have that little dot, but could not get that light to turn on (if it's a light). I did confirm the other things ...

the orange LED next to P on the shifter was lit before I touched anything, even though the car has not been touched for about two days. Red alarm clown nose was flashing as it should.

My dash cam was off, since it is powered by a circuit that is turned off by the 16-minute sleep timer. From this, and the fact that my battery is always good, I infer that it is in sleep mode.

I clicked the remote entry unlock button, and that woke up the dash cam, indicating to me that the car is no longer in sleep mode.

Orange P shift indicator LED stayed on throughout (it never goes out unless the battery is disconnected).

The little HVAC light never came on, even after turning the car ON, adjusting some HVAC stuff, etc. Do I need to turn on AC with the compressor running, or anything like that, or is it an optional feature, or should it be lighting and my bulb may be out?

Sponsored Links