View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 10:59 AM

Clavurion is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaxter18 View Post
Do you have a link to a guide or something with information on doing so. I like having all of the the info, and spoon feeding is prefered, lol. What you said to do is fairly straight forward, i just like to understand exactly whats going on as i do it.

I planned on following this to update which seems similar to what you suggested, yet different still.
Newer vehicles have FA list with direct list of additional equipment. E53 has the older style ZCS which consists of three bit strings (GM, SA, VN). In this case you have to add those previously mentioned bits to your ZCS SA string. You have to add those values to what ever value that bit has. If the sum goes above 10, 10=A, 11=B, 12=C, etc.

Like always start by choosing the profile and read ZCS on either module holding it. I would save the original ZCS somewhere before making any changes.

- After reading ZCS press F1 (Enter ZCS)
- Make changes to ZCS, remove last check digits and check “Calculate check sum”
- F6 (Back)
- F4 (Process ECU)
- Choose propriate control unit (EWS and IKE/KMB hold ZCS), then OK
- F2 job -> ZCS_SCHREIBEN (=Write ZCS)
- F3 (execute job)

Now you have the new ZCS saved code all modules (CODE CAR). Alternatively code (SG_CODIEREN) only LCM, PDC and AHM which in this case are the only modules which have any parameters regarding those added options.

Sponsored Links