Thread: Battery??
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 01:16 PM

c-bass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwynn View Post
I learned from my dad eons ago better to buy the specially tool than hire the guy who has one, in most cases you break even on the first job. It was far far more difficult to repair a car before the internet

over the years I've learned that even if I do all the work myself I'm still way ahead in cost (At least for my pay grade anyway) AND I get to keep the tool.

Many of the high ticket jobs I've done myself were high ticket because it was mostly grunt work that takes time, specially here with the winter and salty roads. Ball joints can take an hour or days depending on what I'm dealing with and where I'm working, like a driveway...in the winter...while it's snowing.

The internet makes it almost too easy. I watched a guy on youtube tear apart a transmission literally in 40 minutes. He did it all pretty much in real time and presented everything in a way that made it look fairly straightforward. Depending on the cost of a rebuild kit I might want to give it a whirl once the transmission on the convertible goes (please don't jinx me, please don't jinx me)

There are some fantastic resources out there for us car guys and I've been on forums where there were literally guys who built or designed the cars we're talking about pop in and give advice.

Sponsored Links