View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 03:38 PM

Zulu95 is on a distinguished road
Tale Of Two Indys.

h1 { margin-bottom: 0.08in; direction: ltr; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-align: left; background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%; page-break-after: avoid; }h1.western { font-family: "Liberation Serif",sans-serif; font-size: 24pt; font-weight: bold; }h1.cjk { font-family: "Noto Serif CJK SC"; font-size: 24pt; font-weight: bold; }h1.ctl { font-family: "Lohit Devanagari"; font-size: 24pt; font-weight: bold; }p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; direction: ltr; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); line-height: 115%; text-align: left; background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%; }p.western { font-family: "Liberation Serif",serif; font-size: 12pt; }p.cjk { font-family: "Noto Serif CJK SC"; font-size: 12pt; }p.ctl { font-family: "Lohit Devanagari"; font-size: 12pt; }
A Tale Of Two Indys.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times….
Having taken delivery of our “new to us” F15 we placed the E70 in the hands of an indy for OFHG, OCG and replacement VC. He received it Nov 9. It took 3 days to do the work and we picked it up Nov 11. After driving the 40 – 45 miles home I noticed a TICK coming from the valve train that was not there when we dropped it off. So we dashed back to return the car before the indy closed.
We have not seen the car since. The VC has been removed three times in all. The oil pan was removed, the bores were scoped, both inlet & exhaust manifolds have been removed. We have now reached week 5 and I lodged a complaint with BBB.
The car was hurriedly reassembled and transferred to another indy two blocks or so away by the owner of the first. I say hurriedly because they cross threaded the fuel rail unions. Second indy found pool of fuel lying in the area of the head. It took him a week to open the hood and find this. He replaced the rail after another week and, despite being told by owner one to order parts and complete a total head rebuild, sat on the vehicle for another week doing nothing.
This came to light yesterday when I called owner one to find out what was happening. I was not party to the conversation between owner one and owner two but, I was assured we should get the vehicle next week. Yea, right!
So here we sit between a rock and a hard place wondering what it would be like to be a two car family again and wondering just what next step to take.
It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.”
2013 X5 xDrive35i

Sponsored Links