View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 04:21 PM
Premier Member

bcredliner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
I don't share the same sort of fear, not because I don't believe incidents will happen, but because I don't plan on being anywhere near them when they do. I fear for the potential violence just as I did with the BLM protests. Those blew over and so will these.

As I said, Trump has likely over played his hand and burned most political and corporate bridges. Without those all he has are his supporters so the writing is on the wall. I predict security will be increased to the point that nothing can really happen in DC. The national guard is resting in the Capitol building already between assignments. Trump's days are numbered.

This part of the forum has devolved once again into picket line style chest beating so I'll take a month or two off and check back in after the new administration is off and running like I did leading up to the election. Very little actual discussion happening currently as the majority of posts are once again us vs them personal attacks. Trump is not the only deplorable politician in Washington, just the most vocal and obvious.

Stay safe all. See you in other parts of the forum.
I'm not in fear. That's not what I said. I am concerned.

It was good to hear this morning that there will be limited public access to the inauguration area. That' a step in the right direction. Hopefully, there will be other preventative steps taken.

Trump will continue to incite his followers. He wants it known around the world that 74 million people think the election was rigged, stolen from him. Even if that is not the case he has already emboldened his followers and it has taken on a mind of its own. Where his followers are now is that they see last week as a success and are planning to do it again, bigger and better. Certainly over some period of time the level of anger will lower but I think that is a long way off. Violent protests don't have to be at the capital. It can be at any state or Federal building. If there isn't something bigger and better somewhere it is likely his followers will become even less organized and split into many smaller groups with different primary agendas but they will still be active. When protesting is allowed to get to where it is now there is more chance that a single deranged individual, that may not even be a supporter of Trump will see an opportunity for fame by shooting someone. Who they target can be random but more likely a democrat often in the news. The target could also be protesters. There are certainly radical or deranged individuals riled up about last week that hate Trump.

IMO the worst of all this is that it has to have taken away from defeating the pandemic. The distribution of the vaccine is falling short of expectations and many locations to be vaccinated are not in place or just getting up to speed. And in some cases there aren't qualified people to give the shots. The public is distracted by the election and what has happened since. COVID 19 is not a focus for the news media. Less awareness leads to less adherence to the guidelines. The pandemic will get worse instead of getting under control. I know this sounds like doom and gloom but I think that is where we realistically are. We aren't even close to kiss and makeup.

Last edited by bcredliner; 01-14-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Sponsored Links