View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 09:20 PM

upallnight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1261 View Post
https://youtu.be/CFK95zNMcf8

So the day I posted this, I was pissed off and went for a nap.

My wife and my dad decided to go play with the brake booster and see if they could find where that retaining ring went in order to not have me pissed off all evening lol.

My wife found it down in the bottom of the brake booster and almost had it out with a wire and hook. I took her idea and managed to hook it with the wire after putting a loop in it to use as a handle to give me some control over what direction the hook was facing. I was then able to hold my finger on it close to where we could pull it out, and she stuck a magnet on it and pulled the dang thing out! Hallelujah!

The little metal silver piece seats between the booster and the rod. Then the Pushrod goes on top of that. And then the retaining ring goes in after that.

I haven't yet done any of this. My problem is that I don't know exactly how far into the booster the retaining ring is supposed to seat?! I went to AutoZone to look at a booster but no auto parts store in the city stocks an E53 booster.

I'm about to head out to the garage to see if I can figure it out with some combination of seeing some kind of a wear mark, groove, or look at pedal travel to make sure I don't seat it too far in (although I suspect the Pushrod will just push the clip forward under pedal pressure anyway. Maybe that's how it's seating location is supposed to be determined??)

If anyone has any info on seating depth I'm all ears!
she's a keeper. If the car fell off the jack stand my wife wouldn't know that I was under the car until the weekend when she wanted to go shopping.
Lotus Europa 1970 S2 Renault Powered
Lotus Type 52 1970 Twincam Webers Powered
PORSCHE 911 Targa 1982 The Garage Queen
Audi Avant donated to Kars for Kids
BMW 525IT Sold
Audi 4000CS Quattro Sold
Jensen Healey Lotus Powered Sold
Opel 1900 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1971 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1968 Sold
Plymouth "Cuda" 340 Six pack SOLD

Sponsored Links