View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 05:42 PM

jsoto is on a distinguished road
PSA: Aftermarket Pads / Brembo Lotus Caliper

I doubt anyone on the forum may be running this setup it but posting as a PSA
It was never even on my radar to check as brake pad maintenance doesn't entail a finer scrutiny on how pads are relative to rotor hat position (unless there is obvious noise from the get go)...

Have had Brembo 8 pots F/4 Pots Rear for like forever on the X...

Fast forward 2 years ago. One of my rears rotors - disc hardware - rotor/hat...a majority of them were literally all loose on the rotor hat. The hardware was literally moving 360 degrees. I never did put A/B together however I believe I have found my issue. On that repair, I ended up replacing both hat, hardware and new discs in the back.

Email searching my past orders to figure out timeline, as I have run both Brembo branded pads, Stoptech and other aftermarket pads with the same hardware. I believe it is the Stoptech pads only that is the issue...The rotors have always been Brembo - RaceTechnologies supplied direct..

Just finished a pad swap and the Stoptech Pad is just a smidge taller/closer in tolerance to the rotor hat
I threw away the Brembo Pads that were in the rear and trash day pickup has occured so I cannot confirm the above statement.

In looking in how it fits, I can clearly see how as the pad wears down, the pad plate is clearly pretty dang close and will rub against the top of the rotor hat/mounting hardware. It's not rubbing now but it's only a mm off and as the pads wear down from use, for sure I see this happening

The stoptech pads in the front 8 pot fits fine with zero fitment issues per my inspection as well. The rotor hat is different though

The Lotus 4 caliper.....for anyone's wiki, do check the wheel, spin it, see how the pad fits how snug or not to the rotor hats

Last edited by jsoto; 03-29-2021 at 10:47 PM.

Sponsored Links