View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 03:35 AM

eskirvin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriks7 View Post
Hmm that would sound about right.

Just to clarify, I have changed the screen up front and connected it to the trunk with the long cable.

Interesting that I have not seen this discussed anywhere in any of the aftermarket stereo guides (or did I just miss it?). Is there any guide or recommendation on how to best go about this? Wouldn’t be a big fan of screwing up my cable and having to get a new one and redo the whole process of taking apart half my interior [emoji1]
The cable, that 6 meter fella, has a connection for the ground on your new stereo. I'd guess it is much like mine. If you think of it as a 6 meter antenna, picking up whatever it can on its 6 meter journey, you'll get why it isn't the best way forward, but it was very easy, right? I had a whine that disappeared after I tapped a hole in that bracing behind the stereo, the big metal piping, and grounded my Android head unit there.

As you've probably observed, and noticed from the price point, these Chinese head units are mass produced and although they work, they aren't any audiophile's dream. I suspect the grounding for the RCAs might not be dealt with properly resulting in any RCA cables making another ground loop. The ground near the head unit fixed my issue, but manufacturing differences could mean you need a different solution. It is a simple thing to try.
- 2004 BMW X5 4.4i

Sponsored Links