View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 02:04 AM

Johnny_5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyler View Post
Johnny 5
I can recall my own frustration about this back when i started this thread.
But given that BMW's official solution to this issue is to replace the entire oil pump at a ridiculous price AND that the general opinion of whether to fix this or not seems to be "not", i chose the latter.
Now, almost 7 years later i still haven't had any issues with ticking or oil starvation at start up.
So my advice would be to toss the parts into your "things-that-spontaneously-fell-out-of-my-engine -drawer" and not worry more about that.

This one was fun.
I haven't seen LVP's post before today. But the metal sleeve-looking thing in his picture looked suspiciously like something i found on the garage floor after another oil change several years ago.
A quick look in my own "things-that-spontaneously-fell-out-of-my-engine -drawer" confirmed that.

Until today i had no idea that it also was part of the oil check valve. I thought it came from somewhere else in the engine compartment and had rolled off of the bottom plastic cover when i removed that.
Another mystery is solved.
I did spend a few hours just stressing over it but eventually found a forum I believe on here where someone stated that the dealer tech looked into this and said not to worry about it per some service bulletin? Not sure if its true. Plus found a few other posts of others having this happen and had no issues what so ever.

Good to know you are up and having no issues! Feeling better now. Thanks all!

Sponsored Links