View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 03:19 AM

PropellerHead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead View Post
I straddled up the circa 1999 pivot bike BMW rack for the E53 and off I went... Searching for either a tree or a pot. I needed to pee.
I think it was a Burger King where I devoured a Whopper and considered my next destination. I was headed down I-95 and then to Tampa. I wanted a cool place to ride and about 1/2 way between the two.. Enter: Amelia Island, FL. I recalled both that a buddy was married here and that they have a hoity toity car show. How bad could it be, right? I checked in before dusk and was off to find solitude.. It's not too far away as it turns out:

As dusk darkened past the point that a bike lane offers safety, I had to leave the Amelia Island Greenway. It was very nice.
I toddled off to 'dinner' of dried fruit and peanut butter. I am a simple man.

The morning was an early start after a late planning session of the northern side of the Island. I rode in circles for a little bit, but finally got away from this section of WTFamI.
ONce on the longer path and in the the state park, all kinds of fun was to be had..
And so next was the sign that I feel like I might've appreciated sooner than 2 miles into the damn woods.
And so it was, back to my room for a shower and a checkout before heading off to see family near Tampa, FL. This little bit of humor had me smiling for a little while.
So I loaded up the bikes on the E53 and prepared for another few hundred trouble-free miles.

Sponsored Links