View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 11:24 PM

EODguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I need to remove the bumper cover soon. While doing that job I have been thinking I would replace the lower (not Kidney) grilles.

They can be found pretty easily, but most of them seem to be OEM - which are weak and easily broken by stones.

Anyone know of a source for better grilles (lower)?

They actually seem cheap enough to buy a few, but I don't want new breaks before the car has a couple miles on it...

https://www.discountbodyparts.com/ca...d&gclsrc=3p.ds
I made a new one (intake section only) from expanded metal (aluminum) and painted it black and it works great but it has since been sandblasted back to bare metal due to life in the Middle East. I will try to remember to get a picture when it's light enough and not scorching hot yet.

PS. I probably screwed up by not preparing it for paint with TSP but now I am wondering about doing all the under grill and coating it with plier handle dip...[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course

Sponsored Links