View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 10:25 AM

andrewwynn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by guntherrex View Post
Took the old beast out for a little ride after the coolant temp sensor was replaced. I hooked up the ODB reader to check out the coolant temperature. At 77 degrees the needle is horizontal. At 111 degrees (after some city driving and idling) it's still horizontal... what a joke. However, it didn't go up over 111 degrees so it seems the cooling system is doing it's work, but I read somewhere over here that it should be 108 degrees? Is 111 within range? During driving it hangs around the 108 but it can go up a few degrees.

As a side note, the SAP is even worse now when warm, it runs ofter and it needs revs to get it to turn off again (code P0115 keeps appearing). O2 sensors seems to work fine, no discrepancies in the readings. Would the thermostat be circumspect?

was a nice evening though...

If the car is not getting correct coolant temps, it would logically run the SAP when it shouldn't also needle in dash could be whack.

The temp sensor in my understanding has two outputs so one could be the one you are reading and three other the DME using.

I don't know how to read the other value (or where to confirm the dual output; I read that somewhere not sure which engine it applies to).

Sponsored Links