Thread: Rudy's E70
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 10:36 PM

514.X5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB1120 View Post
Looking good. I picked up a ‘12 E70 35i last fall and it has been a great addition to our family. 182k miles, now 188k. I’ve done A LOT of repairs and preventative maintenance to get it back up to good health and now moving on to mods. First completed mod- eibach lowering springs. I noticed the truck leaning one day, found a broken rear spring and decided it was a good excuse to lower it slightly. Ill post pics once the springs have settled and the truck is clean. So far, handles great, has a slight rake, and has a noticeable reduction in wheel gap (I have factory 19”) compared to another E70 side by side. Next up, wheels and potentially spacers.

I need to get a new lift gate button! I didn’t know they could be replaced one by one. Thanks for posting that.
Good to hear it's been nice! What kind of preventive maintenance have you done toward the engine block? If I can suggest you should take a look at your ground strap. Mine left me scratching my head this winter. Obviously it was when I was in the country side too. Figured a way to bypass the original ground cable but it then failed on the highway. Next step was the dealer ship, I was running out of time to deal with the issue. Save you some grief and replace the original one with a solid copper that wont rust rom auto zone or wherever(I'll attach some pictures)

Curious on the drop with the 19". Post a picture. I personally love the height and have had my low days so it's staying as it is

Also check out your rear tail light. if you have condensation you could end up with a rusted bulb socket so keep an eye on that and change the seal if needed.

Sponsored Links