View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 01:45 PM

grounch is on a distinguished road
So for the codes read before the disconnect and what i could approximatively find about:

51AE Brake signal
3F48 Brake-light switch
4083 Brake light ?
4A30 Multifunction steering wheel / Engine control Module ?
4203 Glow plug control
4262 4252 4232 4222 4212 Glow plugs
4501 EGR (just reconnected the vacuum hose but it disconnect the odb before i can clear the codes)

I guess the issue for the brake light always on is the pedal switch, i'll try to change it. But it didn't died completely, few times it was working / not working randomly.

Not really sure for the 4A30 code, found info about multifunction wheel, or Engine Control Module? Am I good for an ECM replacement?

When i open the vanity mirrors nothing happens, no light.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYqI6sCKVD8

I saw this video but none of this happens when i open the mirror lights, the wheel doesn't move and nothing happens to the heater.

But i have the same dash lights as him: airbag and yellow (!) + trans fail message.

What stopped working: all wipers / washers, radio, wheel buttons, heated seats, vanity lights.

The ignition switch sound a good try to make, found other topics with almost same syptoms:
https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/...ns-solved.html

About the battery i agree the voltage isn't very good, i will put it on the replacements list also.
Few weeks ago it completely died during the night when i slept in the car and probably left too much stuff on. On morning can't start (with trans fail message) until someone jump started it. Had no issues later until this very bad day.

The amp hound looks like a nice tool to have indeed, but i don't think i have a parasitic draw as i can leave the car locked few days and it will start just fine.

Finally the belt looks fine, at least no noise or strange vibration and doesn't look worn out.

Sponsored Links