View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 02:55 PM

oldskewel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyzcar View Post
I have searched and read thru about 5 pages of door lock issues but didn't really see my particular issue. My door handle carrier had failed and I had resorted to using the key to lock unlock and would roll down window to reach in to unlock my drivers door. The FOB stopped working and I thought the battery was dead.

Ok so I replaced my driver door handle carrier and reassembled everything. I disconnected the battery before going to work. Got it all back together and now the key inserted and turned does nothing and the fob does not work. The central lock button works fine while inside the car. I did remove the actuator to be able to press the new carrier cable on to the ball joint. I am about to go back in to re assess my issue.

Suggestions appreciated
Are you locked out of your car right now?

The key cylinder in the door lock is known to fail (weak part breaks within a year of daily use once the keyless entry stops working - almost guaranteed), but from your description it sounds like if it failed, it did so immediately after replacing the DHC, which is not a likely coincidence.

Sponsored Links