View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 12:42 PM

timmyc is on a distinguished road
This is not related to an X5, but is related to a bimmer. My daughter's e46.

We repaired her car after it was involved in a front end accident. Basically replaced everything up front in the engine bay. After our indy mechanic put it all back together, he charged the A/C and it worked as it should for a time. Then nothing. This thread got me thinking about the system being open for a long time. Over a year. This related directly to the discussion about replacing the drier/condenser.

This is my question: If the system was open for that long, do the driers actually go bad? And could it have worked for a short time?

We took it to a local A/C shop that does great work and they diagnosed it as the condenser leaking by way of interference of the aux. fan. This is highly unlikely as we replaced EVERYTHING up front. Including the core support and all mounting brackets. My daughter and I did all of the work ourselves and we are not new to bimmers or DIY. We were there when the mechanic first fired it up and there was no sound of interference with anything?

Basically I am asking if we should be looking at the drier? Cheap part to throw at it and would be the last of the system we didn't replace.

Thanks, all!

Sponsored Links