View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 10:22 AM

timmyc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
I almost ordered that exact kit. But I did not want to use the LG6. It's too thin for my liking. I actually have 6 liters of LG6 sitting on the shelf that I don't know what I am going to do with. Bought it off craigslist a long time ago for this trans service before I had any experience with the different fluids. Going to use the Valvoline Maxlife Multivehicle. Here's what my order ended up looking like:

Attachment 80558
I may just copy your order. The additional parts you have listed are also in my cart.

From reading your posts, I will follow your advice on the trans fluid. But I do have a question. How did you come to the conclusion that the viscosity is too thin?

This is our first X and I am still bringing it back to it's former glory by spending a lot of time reading here. We have had 5 other bimmers and I was taught to stick to OE products for the most reliable and trouble free experience and have had great success with that regimen. On the other hand, I am also open to listening to folks who have experimented with and had success with brands outside of the BMW norm. After all, I am sure the engineers that are formulating and building products for bimmers are not wanting to waste anyone's time with inferior products but, alas, we know that these products do exist and I am glad that there are folks like us who do a bit of research and trial to weed these products out!

I too, CW, am in the Presidents Club with FCP.

Sponsored Links