View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 12:19 PM

turquise1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskewel View Post
I have the 3.0i, so am not familiar with yours, and have only skimmed the above, but here are some thoughts, mostly about simple things to try:

If you're worried about too much fuel / flooding / hydrolocking, how about pulling the fuel pump fuse, let any fuel dry out, and see what happens just with starter fluid?

Your comments about the engine binding and then being free the next day sounds like a cylinder filling with fuel. I've read of that happening with a leaking fuel injector. ??? Spark plugs out, starting with the cylinders you messed with, to see if that effects the binding. There's maybe also a chance that some of that gasket maker stuff is "in there." I know the back fire is a much more dramatic event, but this binding is important and figuring it out might get you to the solution to everything.

Maybe pull all the spark plugs on bank 2, to effectively remove that half of the engine and see what happens with the part you did not touch???

But of course don't forget how dangerous gasoline can be while searching for the answer. Good luck.
Thanks for all your ideas. I actually have tried most of them. Fuel flood causing the hydrolock is probably what started everything although I am not sure how that would be related to one intake port being partially blocked by gasket maker. The injector would keep spraying fuel and the gasket held on to most of it until it let go all into the cylinder?

After doing some reading, I also suspected the fuel pressure regulator leaking fuel in there thru it's vacuum line which I replaced but it did not make a change. Right now, I am cranking with no spark plugs with some minimal oil inside each cylinder to establish compression again.

What I noticed yesterday was on bank 2 side the intake valves are not completely closed when piston at TDC (looking inside with borescope). They would close right after piston starts to head down. That may definitely cause a compression issue, correct? It may also cause the fire out of intake problem if the intake valves are still open in compression stage? Would that be a retard position caused by Vanos because otherwise the timing looks ok with the pin on flywheel and timing blocks I placed properly holding each cam correctly.

So today, I will take Valve Cover off one more time to see if I can see any problems with Vanos.

Cheers,

Ozzie

Sponsored Links