View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 07:19 PM

80stech is on a distinguished road
Wheel bearing observations

It seems that somehow either fake FAG wheel bearings are being sold in FAG boxes or that FAG has joined in on providing cheaper made bearings in FAG boxes much like the NKG sparkplugs I posted about in the iridium spark plug thread. I suspected that something was going on with this as well because FAG has always been in a class by themselves for quality and a price to go along with it. If there is a choice of bearings that includes FAG then the FAG bearing should by far be the higher price but that doesn't seem to be the case any more. As an example RockAuto has FAG front wheel bearings listed at a very cheap price but if you click on the picture it shows a fake or at least lesser bearing with no markings on it. If you click on the the BCA bearing they have listed at the FAG like price, it will show a FAG bearing with the proper laser etching on it! If you order the BCA bearing (I just received one) it will come in a BCA box that also has a NTN label on it but have the real FAG laser etched bearing in the box the same as the picture! WTF? BTW I have switched to RockAuto for as much as I can (they are limited to what they have for BMW) as they have some really good pricing and a very good direct, customs cleared shipping program for Canada.

Sponsored Links