View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 12:59 PM

dazzasgotav8 is on a distinguished road
alternator swap on a N62 engine

this is by no means a how to more a few tips i found while replacing my alternator , firstly i didn't disconnect the battery just disconnect the cable going to the jump start point , next remove the whole air filter box as this gives you more room to remove the cooling fan assembly , be extra careful lifting this out as i caught the small bleed off hose on the top of the radiator which broke clean off ,which comes as part of most of the cooling hoses on the front of the engine more expense , i am slowly finding that anything plastic in the engine bay seems to need replacing as to date i have done the expansion tank , washer fluid bottle , doing the power steering bottle while doing the alternator as its leaking , while in there i am replacing both drive belts and all pulley bearings as you can see in pics the pulley bearings are all the same once removed from there respective arms , my final tip is the bottom bolt of the two holding the alternator on undo this a few turns and tap it gently with a hammer as this is in the sliding part of the mounting so it opens up a little to aid removal.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links