View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 11:38 PM

bmwfan101 is on a distinguished road
Question About E53 First Gen X5 3.0i Dashboard Potential Issue?

I own an E53 (First Gen) 2003 BMW X5 3.0i with 107k on the odometer. As of yesterday, my turn signal lights are not working in the dash, and there is no clicking sound. They work fine on the outside.

Also, I have noticed that the hazard light button if I press it, it shows up on the outside but not on the inside dash. Same for if I activate the high beams; the high beams themselves will turn on, but no light on the dash will indicate that the high beams are on. In addition, when I unlock the car, usually the headlights/taillights flash, but now when I unlock the car, the headlights/taillights do not flash.

In other words, whenever I activate a feature such as a turn signal, high beams, hazard lights, and so forth, these features on the exterior of the car seem to be working fine, but on the interior there is no light that comes up on the dash for these features to indicate that I have just activated whichever said feature.

I do not think this is an issue of a faulty battery because I just replaced the battery 8 months ago. As a result, does anyone happen to have any idea of what this could be?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links