View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 08:49 AM

LA02MAX is on a distinguished road
OK, I took things apart and P/N 51348402577 is, indeed, only the hard trim piece for the rear vertical guide. The rubber is actually two parts. For the roll down window side, it's the trim that goes all the way around the window frame (top and sides). Part number 51357020583 is what I found on Realoem for the left side. It's under the "door window lifting mechanism rear" category. For the other side of that trim piece along the edge of the fixed triangle glass, this is the part you need:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/51348402575/

You can see from the photo that the rubber trim around the roll down window is all one piece. Fortunately for me, this side is okay. It's the trim around the triangle piece that has deteriorated.

It was kind of a pain to remove all of this and I actually ended up pulling the door panel to re-install the window's rubber trim. I'm sure you can re-install it with the door panel in place, but since I wanted to remove and replace the door panel clips I went ahead and did it. To remove, you have to take off the triangle sunshade (if equipped). It's clipped in at the top and bottom and all I really needed to do was pry at the top and it came off without much fuss. Then there are three screws holding the metal trim piece on from the inside of the car. The top screw holds a retainer piece for the window shade, so keep track of its position before removing it. Then you can pull the metal trim out from the outside (Slide it down a bit first so the top tab is removed) and gain access to the rubber below it. I didn't go any further until I get the part, but from here, you have to remove the remainder of the door trim, including the piece under the window and along the rear angled edge of the door.

2006 X5 4.8is

Sponsored Links