View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 04:30 PM

andrewwynn will become famous soon enough
What you described is exactly the classic example of alternator failure.

Clear all codes and watch vBat real-time. Best if done with a graph to catch short dips or spikes.

Usually the first sign is abs trifecta followed by possibly misfire/engine failsafe then transmission failsafe.

If any or most of that happens then you can clear the codes and it acts normal or else, will reset on their own it's almost always the alternator.

When near end of life the alternator can go through a bad day a few times and back to normal but if you monitor voltage on a groggy m graph you can usually pick up on the voltage dips.

How many miles (hours).

Divide odometer by average mph (for me about 160000/25=6400 hours). I was able to restore my alternator for $20 with a kit of brushes and slip rings. When wife's failed at a very similar hour life, I just changed the brushes and the polarity of the brushes so the other side of the slip rings would wear as only one gets 3x the wear of the other.

Consider: odds of all those different systems having a problem or the one thing they all run on (electricity) being the source of all the problems.

Sponsored Links