View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 11:30 AM

Maruzo is on a distinguished road
I think if you want to talk about the pros and cons of vaccinating children, you should also address what the adults in the family are doing to prevent the spread of the virus.

If the adults in the family are refusing to vaccinate citing individual freedom of choice, then refusing to vaccinate their children citing risk of heart damage for their children, you have a family of potential virus carriers who helps to prolong the pandemic, not shorten it.

We have billions of people on this planet who desperately needs the vaccine to curtail the spread of this virus in their country but do not have the political power or connection to secure them. And then we have Americans who have that exact luxury of taking the vaccine, free, at any time of their choosing.

My local cvs won’t even ask you whether you qualify for the booster shot or not. They are just happy to administer it to another person. I spoke to the pharmacist who administered the shots, he says he’s just happy that we show up, and that one more person he gives the shot to, means one less chance of spreading this virus.

To each his own, I suppose. Personally, I think it’s incredibly selfish and entitled to think your actions and choices does not have an adverse effect on the well being of the people around you.

I cover my mouth and sneeze into my elbow. I see the vaccination effort is an extension of that common courtesy for our fellow neighbors.

Sponsored Links