View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 05:55 PM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcredliner View Post
The unvaccinated are contributing to the continuation and severity of the COVID health crisis. The unvaccinated put even those vaccinated at risk. The unvaccinated contribute to the difficulties and expense of running a business. The unvaccinated have contribute to the limitations of goods, services and entertainment.
I understand that position. But how are they doing all of those things you listed, on their own? For example, the limitation of goods is a problem through many factors, chiefly supply and demand. Demand from all people, vaccinated and unvaccinated alike. Supply has not recovered from the shut downs before a vaccine was available.

Quote:
The comeback is always we are all free to choose what we do so the unvaccinated aren't limiting anything.
That may be, but as above, what are they limiting and how are they solely responsible for it? Personally, we have no more limitations with the vaccines available now to all in our family.

Quote:
No, it didn't start with Trump. I will say that he spent his entire presidency, and still is, focused on expanding the division
and tribal behavior in the country and has been alarmingly successful. That is not politically based. It is my opinion based on how much general and political behavior has changed in the last 5-6 years verses the last 50. Certainly he has some good company from both parties but he has a big stage and huge following to influence. Non-compliance with the obvious is more often than not the reason for annoying rules and regulations that feel like bureaucracy. The COVID health crisis is one such example.
Pelosi, Schumer, McConnel, Paul, they are all thankful for Trump. They are more celebrity now (and can make more money) than they ever were before. And they all love it. The media too. CNN's viewership (maybe Fox's too?) has never been higher thanks to the Trump train. To the bolded, that may be true, but it's a non-issue unless you are taking as radical an approach to compliance as they are to non-compliance. Let people die, or get injured, or sick, or whatever that personal choice might result in.

I stopped going out on the lake when life jackets became a requisite and fees/fines were being handed out like hot cakes. Someday I hope to have a property with a lake on it... though by the time we'd get it I'd probably be too old to use a jet ski.

Quote:
I am looking at boats. I used to have one and one of my best memories was putting the pedal to the metal and heading out into Lake Michigan until I couldn't see shore, turning off the motor and just sitting there rocking in the waves.
Yep. So nice to just be in the middle of a lake or out on the ocean rocking with the surface rhythm. Plus the sound of the water lapping on the hull is like a lullaby.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links