View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 09:57 AM

Attacking Mid is on a distinguished road
I can't see the video. Seems like too much of a coincidence that this happened virtually right away after the first shop did the VCG. OTOH, it's hard to mess up that job in a way that would cause valvetrain problems! My first guess was going to be that perhaps a fastener or tool got left behind in the cam area, but you said a second shop removed the VC and found nothing apparently wrong. This is a weird one.

This might not be the best forum to post this as BMW didn't sell E53's in the USA with the M57 diesel engine. You might get better response trying one of the E70, E90, or diesel-specific forums where more people have experience with that engine. I happen to have an E70/M57, but I'm new to the diesel so have limited experience/knowledge.

Oh, and on a gasser, you can sometimes take a peek with a borescope down the spark plug hole, but I'm not aware of any way to look into a diesel cylinder unless the injector ports might provide access?

AM.
E46 1999 2.8 M52TU 5MT Black with Tan Leather 250K+ miles (Sold, but not forgotten)

Last edited by Attacking Mid; 12-31-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Sponsored Links