View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 03:37 AM

RocketyMan is on a distinguished road
Fault Code 5F39 -- DSC: Transfer case: internal

My car is now officially a run and drive again with the adapter shaft in. This thing runs great now! Unfortunately I had a fault code for 5F39 - DSC: Transfer case: internal. And because of this, I had the trifecta lights on the KOMBI.

Now when I put the donor transfercase back in, I made sure to check the actuator gear. It was perfect--it looked like the actuator gear was already replaced. So I was completely unsure what is going on.

In this instance, it isn't very self explanatory. So I then decided to use ISTA+D to figure this out. The actuator module is called the VTG in the network architecture. There were only two service routines to run. One was the reset oil and the other was reset adaption. Resetting the adaption was the one to use!

During the service routine, you could hear the actuator cycle from all the way closed to applying the clutches at max span. It did this about four times to "learn" with setting the adaption to 0 for it's initial setting.

As a side note, I thought it was very interesting the "classification resistor" on the side of the actuator was denoted as a "G." This apparently determines the profile of the actuation. I'm very curious if other resistors can be replaced for different profiles, but I'm not sure what that would do exactly. #14 in the part list:

Attached Images

Sponsored Links