View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 07:35 PM

SBBimmer is on a distinguished road
M54 no start problem, ideas?

I think this is fuel system related, but I have exhausted my diagnostic skills. Backstory below, but I have run codes on my Foxwell and nothing comes up, fuel pump produces a generous flow when cranking (checked at top of tank), there is fuel present at the fuel rail schrader valve after cranking, battery is topped up, starter motor sounds fine, but I crank with no ignition. However, the issue started as a loss of power situation.

BACKSTORY: a little while back i stupidly ran my tank very low on fuel. I made it to the station and put fresh fuel in without problem. About 3 miles later, nearly home, going up a small hill there was hesitation, but I made it into my driveway. I ran codes and didn't see anything. The next day the car ran but clearly was losing power so I parked it and figured maybe I had stirred up gunk in the bottom of the tank and should change the fuel filter. I did that (getting the underbody protection on and off without a lift was a bitch, but the filter itself seemed pretty easy). Quick release fittings came right off and snapped back on, I started the car and ran it for several minutes and saw no leaks so I shut it off and closed the bottom back up. Dropped the car, started it and moved it 30 feet. Then a couple hours later I went to drive it to the store and after it started the revs immediately dropped and it stalled out. It did that a couple times and then refused to start. Ran codes again, still nothing.

This is my 2005 3.0i automatic which currently has 101K miles on it, fuel filter I took out was original, but the car was running great for the 6K miles I've owned it.

Any help greatly appreciated as always.

Sponsored Links