View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 02:51 PM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am going to hook it up to ISTA to see what the dealer's test plans will be for diag. As in your case, dealer doesn't really care for inquiries about possible coverages and will only start that conversation after diag has been done. Called today for a walk-in as I had the day off but they are booked. No problem, want to finish the E61 and get it on the road again anyway before dropping the F15 off.

The battery is only 1 year old and was registered when installed so, while possible, I don't think it's the battery. Never has a problem starting the car and don't get any funky electronics behavior like we did before we replaced the battery (iDrive shut downs mainly but low voltage codes were present as well). That 288B00 code for power management is due to our dash camera being left on and the vehicle parked for longer than 2 days. We typically unplug the camera but sometimes forget.

I need to take it on a long drive to trigger a regen. If the truck regens naturally I am assuming that it will turn off the CEL by itself. NEVER clear an SCR inefficiency code on a BMW diesel (maybe any modern diesel as I've heard of Dodge and Ford trucks having this issue too). It will trigger the system to initiate a no start countdown due to "incorrect DEF fluid" if the DDE still detects a problem with the system. I learned that on the E70 as 50 miles after clearing that code it started the countdown, then locked itself. I have to send out the DDE to unlock it so I can continue diag and work on the SCR system to get the damn truck to decide everything is fine. Stupid system BMW put in place... but it is what it is. I've learned a lot about how that system works and once I get the DDE unlocked should be okay going forward.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links