View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 09:32 AM

Clavurion is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henn28 View Post
The 4.6 redline is bumped to 6500, or maybe it’s 7000. The progressive lights on the tach wink out as the transmission oil warms up. Amber stays lit at 6500 and red at 7k when the car is fully warmed up. My limited understanding is that you don’t get much extra from the M62 family though at high rpm, due to the crappy exhaust headers?

I’m running the 4.4 ZF transmission in my X so I don’t go deep into the tach anyway. There is a high torque rebuild kit someone offers for the 5hp24 that maybe I’ll do someday, but right now it’s fairly fresh from a rebuild 3 years ago when the car had the 4.4 in it. My combination of 4.4 car and 4.6 motor seems to have a sweet spot between 2500 and say 4800 RPM. The 4.4 diffs and torque converter probably slow it a bit “off the line”, but the motor and long runner intake along with the mild 4.6 tuned DME come on really hard at 2500ish. The intake roar is great at that point too, but the exhaust is a bit muted for a project car.
The point I was thinking if the smaller diameter vibration damper was designed because of higher rev limit and not letting for example alternator going too high revs.

Sponsored Links