View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 07:33 PM

Bdc101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty150hs View Post
e53 should just reset. Check the connections

I pulled the sensor connector out, fiddled with it, put dielectric grease on it, and pushed it back in nice and strong, and still no luck. After I was done I thought I should probably get my meter out and see if the switch has any continuity. I will try that next.

Next subject: I got BMW Scanner working reliably (and figured out how to disable automatic updates to the USB drivers so it won't blow them away regularly). I dinked around with BMW Scanner for a while:
1. I enabled the convenient locking (roll up windows when you hold the lock button). Previously only the convenient unlocking was enabled on my car, for god knows what reason.

2. I tried to change my speedometer offset/scaling, since my speedo seems to read about 6-7mph high all the time, but couldn't find any setting for this in the IKE. Anybody know where to look?

3. I tried disabling my sunroof but even when I removed it from the menu, it still worked. My sunroof is on the fritz so I will continue to just not touch the button ever. I was also unable to remove this from the convenient locking/unlocking. There seems to be no option in my menu to turn on convenient locking/unlocking without sunroof.
Still learning about BMW scanner/PA soft. Any advice is appreciated!

Sponsored Links