View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 10:21 AM

dkl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henn28 View Post
Thanks for the update. I just did a full clip and regulator refresh on 3 of 4 windows this past winter. I was sick of paying for BMW parts that still failed within 4 years so I went with VDO as well. So far so good, but frankly I wouldn’t be surprised if they failed tomorrow. The left front door has a very distinct clatter when I close it that I’ve never been able to figure out.

To be fair I don’t avoid using the windows, especially between mid October and mid May when one can enjoy the breeze here in the Deep South. One of the problems though with having to redo these things too often, particularly as our cars age,is that the old plastic and glue fail on the door cards in some way, every time they come off now it seems.

I did a full re-glue job on the front door cards last spring as well. They will need to come off this fall to ugrade the speakers and address an airbag cluster light and code implicating the front pax bag, and I’m already worried.

What glue are you using? What's the recommended glue to use on these door cards that can take some heat and won't fall apart since it does get pretty hot in the summer? Thanks.

Sponsored Links