View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 03:48 AM

drunkentrader is on a distinguished road
4.6is Dinan CAI parts list?

Hi, I recently picked up 4.6is and was lucky to find a used Dinan cai locally I bought last week. It came with the Dinan maf, but unfortunately it was the 3.5” and have since bought a generic 4” maf to mate to the Dinan cai and new n63 throttle body I picked up.

I was curious if anyone can help identify the rest of the parts that were supposed to come with the Dinan 4.4/4.6is cai? All I have is the metal plates/box and the cone filter. I believe there was an optional flexi duct to run further below the fine filter and down towards the bottom of the radiator? And also, what about from the maf to the throttle body? Did Dinan sell a coupler with the 4” maf to connect to the elbow that routes to the throttle body?

Hoping to put this kit together so I can flash the Dinan 4 engine and trans tune. It’s next on my list, right after I replace the Vanos solenoids and oil check valves tomorrow. Hoping these two little projects will wake the beast up a bit. I had three 740i sports and it feels just as quick, but pretty flat in the lower rpms.

Also, I know Dinan has all their installation manuals online, but you can’t search without putting in a part number. If anyone has that installation guide I would love to have a look!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links