Thread: Pic diagnostics
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 12:18 PM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5chemist View Post
While installing a new plate and tank, I notice the transmission tank has a bent corner. Someone has taken it off prior to my refresh. Not wanting to cause further damage, I had to find a way to press it in. The clip was installed on the plate before installation. The best tool I had handy was the clutch fan spanner. Reaching from underneath, the frame was used for leverage. One quick tug and the cooler popped in. Enough water was added to test for leaks. Blue coolant was added once no leaks were seen.
Nice to finally get through a frustrating problem triumphant (excepting the low coolant warning).

That looks very similar to the angle of attack I took with my pry bar. I used a metal plate (or something, old man memory) on the cooler to spread the load so I didn't have a point load crush a corner like that.

For the warning... might be time to trace the harness to look for signs of fraying or rodent chewing. An end to end continuity check should tell you if there is a break in one of the wires.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links