View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 02:30 PM

Factory6speed is on a distinguished road
Lowering kit options, 2024

There's a few topics on this but I want to get current opinions from the active group on what's good to lower the e53. I've been searching and reading a bunch of threads from 2015. A solid two inches / 50mm or so would be good. These are the options I'm aware of:

- H&R lowering springs
- eibach lowering springs (slightly lower than hr)
- Bilstein B12 kit (uses eibach springs)
- BC racing coilovers
- KW v3s

Any experience with the above or any other options I'm missing?

Bilstein has been impossible to get for years. My original thought was the h&r springs with Bilstein B6. But I don't know if the springs go low enough. The B12 kit is probably a better option, but would have the same indefinite wait time.

BC I have no direct experience with, but I've read not terrific things. Some people say they are ok, more say not ok. These would be good for ride height but I'm not sure how they would ride and hold up. I saw the word bouncy mentioned by one person.

Kwv3s are probably overkill. I don't want this thing to be all stiff and race handling. I don't need double adjustable dampers. But I could get the right height perfect. I run these on my f30 and they are really really nice, but very stiff to drive around. I might look for a softer option once they eventually blow out.

Sponsored Links