View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 04:16 PM

gojira-san is on a distinguished road
Here's my random thoughts:

I had a good sales rep when I bought the 330; he's since left for Dreher-Holloway. Most of the people I've talked to there since are not as good. I had thought about buying an X5 3.0 from them at one point, but they wouldn't move off retail price. Almost 30 days later, they wanted to deal. Sorry, too late.

Service is so-so. I check everything after they work on the car because they have not always tightened everything afterwards. I have to take the 330 in for it's 1 year service and to (hopefully) replace the radio (bad pixels when cold) so we'll see what happens. They've also washed the car when I've asked them not to and scratched the paint. Everything has been done when promised.

When I bought my 528 and had them do the Inspection I, they missed a bunch of items I ended up having to fix later, some very simple. Example: I was getting weeping from the power steering reservoir. It turned out my replacing the $2 O-ring on the fill cap fixed the problem. Tulley told me "it was normal" for it to do that. Feh.

Unlike Joel, I never get a BMW loaner. Always some American POS. Oh they are 4 or so miles from my house so that is a plus.

Parts department has been fine. They give the CCA discount.

I don't know if I would buy there again; since I am not enamoured by any of the new design BMWs (unless a M5 Touring ever became a reality ), it's doubtful I will have to worry. All future work on the 528 will be done by myself or an independent mechanic.

Sponsored Links