View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 11:04 AM

powers1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncx
Looking forward to seeing your install in the fog light. Will send pics as soon as I got the installation sorted.
I'll go look at my connections again this morning but I wired it exactly as the diagram above from the TvonNav pdf above and it worked perfectly. The camera ground and reverse light ground should connect to both pins 85 and 87. Did you try the Bosch relay or some other kind/amperage? Could you try another to be sure it is functioning properly? Just trying to eliminate possibilities.I tried another Relay and same!

Would like to know this: When you connect direclty to the battery, where are you getting the ground from for pins 85+87? From the battery or from the same reverse light ground?I connected the relay to the battery!Pin 86 to positive(+),Pin 85+87 to Negative(-) and pin 17 to video module.

Also, have you tried any of the other brown negative wires coming from the tailgate? They are all together in the wire bundle. I used a 12v tester to identify the proper + and - from one reverse light. Could you be using the brake ground instead of the reverse light ground? (not sure if the X5's 'brake force' brake intensity current difference would matter, I am not a 12v pro!). I used the reverse ground not the brake ground, and didn't try to test with a brake ground.Connected to the rear light ground.
If there is any way I can help let me know.
Thanks a lot Ncx,for the feedback.
I am going to try other ground points and discover where the problem is!Will let you know my findings.
Thanks again..
Rgds Fernando

Last edited by powers1; 04-20-2006 at 11:39 AM.

Sponsored Links