View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 03:21 AM

xx3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxey
Hi everyone,
I have a slightly different problem I think on my X3 if I set the wipers to rain sensor mode it won't come on again after I have removed the keys gone shopping etc I have to retrigger the auto sensor again via the stalk or sensitivity dial to get it working again have i messed up the program somehow? or am i not putting it into sensor mode correctly?? works fine when its triggered and we are driving along
Maxey Australia
Any ideas welcome
Thats how it normally works. This is to prevent the sensor from harming the wipers, say for example if the car was about to enter an automated carwash. Most automated carwashes require cars to turn be dropped off and the engine switched off before being moved to the belt and carwash. The fact that the car is shut off and on provides an extra security precaution.

Another example could be snow. Heavy snow could have collected on the wipers, but not the sensor. Upon starting the car, the sensor might detect the snow falling and attempt to activate the wipers, before the driver has realized that the snow needs to be brushed off...

Just two examples off the top of my head. The system is designed to prevent accidents and unnecessary repairs...

Sponsored Links