View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 01:40 AM

r6girl is on a distinguished road
woo hoo! i had a great time at the track! if you hadn't posted about this event, i never would have known about it - thanks! and great video - you're really smooth.

the x3 was more capable on the track than i'd ever thought it could be. i never once felt out of control or that it was going to do something unexpected. it was a bit scary pitching it around the track at high speeds (my instructor was driving so fast in the first few sighting laps, i had the impression he'd forgotten he was driving an SUV and not a car) but the x3 felt planted everywhere. my instructor kept telling me to go faster, and i was trying - i managed to get the steptronic to stage a mutiny and politely refuse to downshift occasionally. i know i got the steptronic for a reason (heavy commute with lots of stop and go traffic), but i really missed having a manual transmission on the track. but it was still a ton of fun! i highly recommend a track event like this to learn the limits of your X3 - you'll be very pleasantly surprised!
My first BMW - I love it!

www.macgirl.net

Sponsored Links